Master of Science in Business Analytics
The first of its kind in the Northwest, Albers Masters in Business Analytics (MSBA) program is committed to educating the analytical, ethical, and adaptive business leaders of tomorrow while meeting the market’s high demand for business data and intelligence analysts.
To tackle the complex business challenges of todays big-data-driven corporate environments, the Albers MSBA centers your study in leading-edge courses such as Communicating and Visualizing Data, Mathematical Models for Decision-Making, Data Mining for Business Intelligence, and Programming for Business Analytics. A rigorous curriculum and our small class environments allow you to be paired with faculty and staff dedicated to your mentorship and success.
At Seattle University you will be challenged to analyze and solve problems beyond the theoretical all while developing the critical ability to effectively communicate your findings and recommended courses of action to senior management. The culmination of your MSBA experience with us is a capstone project applying of all your knowledge as you plan and execute an actual project for a local industry partner. See the makeup of our current class of students, the learning objectives for the program, and where our MSBA students have gone to work after graduation on our class profile page.
45 credits to completion:
39 credits of required classes
6 credits of electives
Degree Requirements - https://www.seattleu.edu/business/ms-business-analytics/degree-requirements/
MSBA Application Requirements
- Application Form and $55 fee. (Application fee is waived through Fall of 2022.)
- Resume. Professional work experience is not required for this program. However, remember to mention any relevant work, internship, and volunteer experiences. Upload these to online application.
- A 300-word essay (uploaded to online application) on either one of these topics:
- The job you would like to have after graduating;
- A problem you would like to solve, or have already solved, using analytical skills.
- Official transcripts from undergraduate and any post-baccalaureate work. International transcripts will require an agency evaluation.
- Official English language proficiency test scores, if required. TOEFEL, IELTS, PTE, and MELAB accepted.
- Optional: Official GMAT or GRE test scores sent by the testing agency.
The tuition cost is $994 per credit.
Tuition is the same for domestic or international students. The MSBA is a 45 credit program.
Following are sample student budgets for the 2023-24 nine-month academic year for full-time students, undergraduates enrolled for 12-20 credits, and graduate students enrolled for 6 credits:
Graduate Student* Living On or Off Campus
Tuition - $15,012
Books & Supplies - $762
Technology Fee - $387
Wellness Fee - $366
Activity Fee - $30
Housing - $13,746
Food - $5547
Loan Fee - $182
Personal Expenses -$1,950
Transportation - $1,800
Total Budget - $39,782
*Enrollment requirements and tuition rates for graduate students vary program-by-program so actual tuition and book costs vary widely from this sample budget.
Seattle University offers a limited number of scholarships to graduate students. These scholarships are provided in recognition of the students ability to enhance Seattle Universities educational community. Scholarship renewal is based upon scholarship specifics, satisfactory academic progress and, in some cases, continued need.
All scholarships are financial resources and must be coordinated with other types of financial aid. Students must notify the Student Financial Services Office of any scholarships received that do not appear on their award letters. Students must also notify the Student Financial Services Office if an outside scholarship is renewable so it can be automatically included in subsequent award years.