Founded in 1930, Indiana Technical College offered an accelerated engineering degree to provide a pathway for engineering students into the workforce during the Great Depression. Today, we are known as Indiana Tech, a comprehensive university with the core purpose of providing career-focused, professional programs of higher education.
Indiana Tech provides learners a professional education; prepares them for active participation, career advancement, and leadership in the global 21st century society; and motivates them toward a life of significance and worth.
Our Core Values
Indiana Tech recognizes and adheres to the following core values:
- Respect: Treating all stakeholders fairly and equitably
- Commitment: Affirming an unceasing dedication to educating the whole learner
- Honesty: Demonstrating truthful behavior in an open environment
- Passion: Possessing a burning desire to fulfill our purpose, mission, and vision
- Integrity: Behaving consistently with mission and core values
- Belonging: Welcoming all to our community and encouraging all voices to be heard
The university’s core purpose is to provide career-focused, professional programs of higher education.